- As Shown plant is approximately: 34 inches tall and will arrive in a 10 inch diameter pot
- Deluxe plant is approximately: 36 inches tall and will arrive in a 12 inch diameter pot
- Premium plant is approximately: 40 inches tall and will arrive in a 14 inch diameter pot
AGAVE PLANT (Agave attenuate)
Looks good in every room or office space. Along with plants from the related genus Yucca, various Agave species are popular house plants and you see them in a lot of doctor offices in particular.
With its origin being Mexico, the Agave Plant is a succulent plant that is easy to care for and attractive meant for outdoor and indoor use. Agave is not a cactus plant. It has more than 450 variations of its kind whether small or huge. This means that you can keep them in whatever space without worrying that it will overgrow.
The Agave Plant has a slower rate of growth which demands little care and attention provided there is a provision of very bright sunlight. The trick of their survival with the very bright environment lies in the succulent nature. They have many layers of thick and fleshy leaves with spikes on the edges. Though beautiful, avoid the agave plant sap and pricks from the sharp points unless you fancy irritability. It is advisable to keep the plant away from pets and children as the plant is considered poisonous.
· Allow the top 75% of the soil to dry during fall and winter before watering and in spring and summer when 2-3 inches have dried. Don't over-water; it's a succulent plant.
· Ensure that the plant gets access to very bright light. Move the plant if you must to maintain the high light.
· Give monthly half diluted food during summer and spring only when the plant is actively growing.
· Provide and maintain a warm temperature of 70-80 degrees and 50-60 degrees in fall and winter while resting. Its nature ensures that a lot of water is maintained and 75% of the heat is reflected.
· Ensure low humidity is maintained to avoid diseases of the crown, stem, and root.
· Get rid of destructive insects that might kill Agave Plant by regularly spraying and providing the right care to the plants.
· The crown, stem and root rot and mostly affected by Erwinia and fungus fusarium diseases.
· Provide the perfect soil for agave plant, which is quick draining succulent or cactus soil.
· Make sure the pot size should be big enough with a drip to accommodate the roots. Don't rush to re-pot it or plant too deeply.
· They are propagated outdoors using offset and not easily or rarely indoors.
· The poison of agave plant has level two toxicity contained in the sap.
Why can’t I maintain a healthy agave plant indoors as well as it is outdoors?
An agave plant may fail to survive indoors due to extremely cold or hot temperatures, the inability of the soil to drain quickly, over-watering, planting the plant too deep or inefficient light.
How can an agave be propagated?
Remove offsets from the mother-plant and allow them to sit out before planting them to allow drying of roots which prevents rotting.
Why is my plant discolouring when I just moved it outside for summer?
The sudden change of temperature and lighting is the cause, not diseases. It should be done gradually.
Make sure to visit Toronto office plant to see the collection of flowers that we have for you.
The Agave plant
- Product Code: KZ909-99
- Availability: In Stock